BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 22, 2010

News and Cuteness

Friday was bike to school/work day. One young man from Edmond Memorial High School organized this huge event for everyone to ride their bikes to school. There were meeting points all over Edmond at different times and finally merged together around Will Rogers Elementary. From what I gather, it was a huge success and a ton of people participated. Of course, since I WALK to school EVERYDAY, I opted out of riding a bike to work. However, Regan woke up 30 minutes earlier than normal to help the environment...and RIDE. And, of course, Regan made the front page of The Oklahoman.



Bike riding was not the only fun activities for Friday evening. I went to pick up the kids from school a little early, because they had a hair appointment. I love picking up my kids from school; they make me feel so loved. Every time I walk into the room I hear, "Mooommm!" Then they come running with open arms ready to hug me. I cherish these moments, because I know they will be gone soon.

However, I received a different-unusual-response this time. Once Darby saw me, he stood up to announce-to me and the entire room, "Mom, I hurt my penis right here." Then he spreads his legs and points to his penis. Then he continues his story, "Miss Megan look at it, Mom." He then crossed his arms, nodded with approval, and ended with, "She did well."

At first I was taken back, but then I busted out laughing. VERY QUICKLY, the teacher explained to me he fell on the balance beam, landing straight on his scrotum. And, seeing as to how he was freaking out, they decided to check and make sure he wasn't bruising or anything. I did have to sign an accident report, but I am still laughing-even 24 hour later.

We did make it in time for their haircuts. Darby is such a big boy now, and Scout is just adorable!



0 comments: